Pure mathematics is, in its way, the poetry of logical ideas.
- office: OF 203
- e-mail: email@example.com
- MATE 3031, Calculus I
- MATE 3032, Calculus II
Hint for success (From Dr. Brown at Virginia Tech).
- Ph.D. Mathematics, 2005
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
Blacksburg, Virginia, USA
Advisor: Reinhard Laubenbacher
- M.S. Mathematics, 2002
New Mexico State University
Las Cruces, New Mexico, USA
- B.S. Computational Mathematics, 1999
Universidad de Puerto Rico - Humacao
Humacao, Puerto Rico.
- Steady State Dynamics of non-linear discrete dynamical systems over Finite Fields.
Articles or Proceedings
- The problem of the week: A successful online training experience for math olympiad. Proceeding of 13th International Congress on Mathematical Education. Hamburg, 2016 (with L. Caceres and A. Portnoy)
- Determining steady state behaviour of discrete monomial dynamical systems, Accepted. Adv. Math. Commun. (with D. Bollman)
- On the transient of Boolean monomial dynamical systems. Congressus Numerantium 222: 215-228. 2014. (with D. Bollman)
- A new characterization of the Frobenius Number. Proceeding of CET 2012. Beijing China. (with D. Bollman)
- A control theory for Boolean Monomial Dynamical Systems, Journal of Discrete Event Dynamic Systems. 20: 19-35. 2010. (with D. Bollman, V. Ocasio and E. Orozco)
- Fixed Points in Discrete Models for Regulatory Genetic Networks, EURASIP J Bioinform Syst Biol. 2007; 2007(1): 97356. (with D. Bollman and E. Orozco)
- Monomial dynamical systems over finite fields. Complex Systems. 16: 333-342. 2006. (with A. Jarrah, R. Laubenbacher and B. Sturmfelds)
- Boolean Monomial Dynamical Systems. Annals of Combinatorics. 8: 425-439. 2004. (with Reinhard Laubenbacher and Bodo Pareigis)
- Multivariable Polynomial Reduction over Finite Fields. Proceedings of the Computer Research Conference, 1996. University of Puerto Rico, Mayaguez Campus. (with A. Caceres)
Grants, Awards and Scholarships:
- Co-Pi, Puerto Rico Mathematical Olympiad, $170,000.00, Mayaguez Goverment.
- Pi, Development of a Computer Science Research Laboratory for Undergraduates. Grant given by Lockheed-Martin. $25,000.00
- Co-Pi, Development of a Portable, Continuous-mode Quartz Crystal Microbalance Biosensor. Internal Grant by UPR-Mayaguez. $ 74,900.00. (Co-Pi, Abel Baerga, Pi, Rick Valentin)
- Co-Pi, PREMUR, Research Experiences for Undergraduates at The University of Puerto Rico, Mayaguez. Grant given by the National Security Agency, $93,000.00. (Co-Pi Damaris Santana and Pi Luis Caceres)
- Alliances for Graduate Education and the Professoriate (NSF-AGEP) Scholarship given by the National Science Foundation.
- Beca Presidente. Scholarship given by the president of the University of Puerto Rico.
- Puerto Rico Alliance for Minority Participation (PR-AMP). Scholarship
- Poster awarded at the Undergraduate Research Section at the 1999 Joint Meetings of the American Mathematical Society and Mathematical Association of America, San Antonio, TX, January 1999.
- Poster awarded at the Undergraduate Research Section at the 1998 Joint Meetings of the American Mathematical Society and Mathematical Association of America, Baltimore, MD, January 1998. (See FOCUS, 98 Feb issue page 3)
- Trainer, Olimpiadas Matematicas de Puerto Rico, since 2005.
- Coordinator, Olimpiada Latinoamericana Matematicas, 2010. Mayaguez, PR.
- Deputy Leader, Olimpiada Internacional de Matematicas, 2013. Santa Marta, Colombia.
- Delegation Leader, Iberoamerican Mathematical Olimpic, 2014. San Pedro Sula, Honduras.
- Deputy Leader, Olimpiada Internacional de Matematicas, 2015. Chiang Mai, Thailand.
- Deputy Leader, Olimpiada Internacional de Matematicas, 2016. Hong Kong.
- Deputy Leader, Iberoamerican Mathematical Olimpic, 2016. Chile.